Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Miss Daisy is CRAZY!!!


Miss Daisy is Crazy is a chapter book by Dan Gutman. I asked my cousin Emma, who is 9 years old, what books she likes to read. And she brought me to her a room and showed me a bunch of them. Miss Daisy is Crazy is one of her favorites. She has a bunch of the My Weird School series but this one was her favorite. I liked this book because it was short, cute, and funny. The book is about a second-grader, A. J., who hates school, but finds his teacher,Miss Daisy, pretty interesting. Miss Daisy likes watching TV and eating chocolate and is always asking her students for help solving problems in math and spelling. She also takes A. J.'s suggestion to turn the school into a video-game arcade seriously. Principal Klutz agrees to "rent out" the school for a night (and wear a gorilla suit) if the children read a million pages. It was a cute book about what teachers do to help students love reading and make them enjoy school... or at least I see it that way as a future teacher. I don't think most students reading it would think the same thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment