Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Love That Dog... Love that book


Love That Dog is a novel by Sharon Creech. First off I love that the book is an entire book told in poetry. I think that is sooo creative. I love that the Jack gets to share all of his thoughts, feelings, and daily events in his poetry and that we get to read it all in a novel. I think that was so creative on Creech's part. I love that everything is a response to Jack's teacher and that you can see his writing evolve. At first all of the writing is short and not very thoughtful, but the more he writes the more he gets into it and cares about what hes writing... and you can tell. I really enjoyed the fact that Jack hated poetry but found a way to love it. I think that is a good motivation for students who are not all that fond of poetry. I also love that Jack invites his favorite poet, Walter Dean Myers, to his class. I also decided to look into why Sharon Creech wrote this book... here is a link to one of her inspiration for Love that Dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment