
Alphabet City is a wordless book that has pictures of letters in the everyday living of the city. This book is a very easy read for students since there are no words. I used this book in my text set about homes and communities because it shows an accurate portrayal of city life for students who have never been in a city before. Although it may not directly correlate because it has no words, I think the pictures are good for students to see what other buildings and structures our in a city community. I think the pictures in this book are fabulous. I think it is so interesting that letters are all around us! I would never look at a fire escape and see the letter Z until now. I think that the book is a great wordless book for children and really for all ages. I love the pictures and the fact that you appreciate the objects in the city for their beauty and not just for their purpose.
No comments:
Post a Comment