Friday, May 15, 2009

Eskimo boy life in an Inupiaq Eskimo village

This is a nonfiction book about the life of Norman Kokeok. Norman lives in Alaska. The book explains the life of Eskimos in Alaska and how it is not what people always picture it to be. They show the homes and community that Norman and his family are apart of and what his family does to earn a living in a town where there are no roads and no running water. This is a good book for students to gain knowledge about communities with in our own country that are quite different and yet in some ways very similar as well. I have to say it was not my favorite book though... this book to me was definitely a typical non fiction book that was a little boring. I also was not a fan of the pictures where they showed the meat of animals with blood all over it... If I were to use this in the classroom I would want to make sure it was for students old enough :)

No comments:

Post a Comment