Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Mitten


The Mitten by Jan Brett is one of my favorite children's books of all time. I remember reading this book when I was younger but it never seemed to stick out in my head until now many years later. It is a beautiful story about a young boy named Nicki and his new white gloves that is grandmother knit him. I just love all the animals in the story and the illustrations are wonderful. I love how on the outside of each page there is a picture foreshadowing the next page. This is great for readers when you want them to be practicing predictions when reading. The pictures that go along with the story line are beautiful as well. My favorite picture is when the hedgehog is trying to get into the mitten with the rabbit. The look on the rabbits face is so funny. I like that the book does not have an obvious humor to it but it just makes you smile as you read it. Those books are the ones that are worth having in your own personal collection. Jan Brett's The Mitten is definitely a book I am going to add to my own personal collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment