
What a great spin on the original 3 little pigs story. It's kind of nice to hear the opposite viewpoint from the "bad guy". In his version, he's not the bad guy at all. The pictures work well with the story. It's dark and gloomy which works well with the mood of the story. I mean after all there the deaths of 3 little pigs. I also like how the pigs are the mean ones in the story and how the wolf justifies him eating the pigs... comparing it to how we would not leave a hamburger to just sit and go to waste. I read it with my second grader in block A and she really liked it as well. I think it could be really fun to do a whole unit in my classroom about fairy tales and focus a lot about different ways to tell a story. So far I have read two books about the three little pigs, but each was different and all have been great. I definitely want to do something like that in my own classroom.
No comments:
Post a Comment