Saturday, March 14, 2009

Split Milk


Charles G. Shaw must be a very creative man because It looked like Split Milk is one of the most interesting children's books I have read. All the pages are a navy blue color and there is an image in white. The first image looks like spilt milk on a blue page or blue counter. The "story" is all about how each of the white images looks like something... spilt milk, ice cream, a pig, a flower, a bird, etc. Of course none of the images are what they look like. The white image is actually a white cloud in the blue sky. I mean who hasn't at least once in their life looked up at a could a cloud and said "hey that looks like blah blah blah"? The book was very refreshing and different than any other book I've read. It also was a quick read which was nice. I think this would be a great book for children at a really young age because there are few words and it's fun to guess what the white image is... because I didn't know until the end when they told us it was a cloud.

No comments:

Post a Comment