Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Babar
So I always loved the story of Babar but now reading it as an adult I am very confused by the story. I realize they are animals in the story but Babar marries his cousin Celeste... that's kind of, no actually really weird. Not to mention I normally do not mind stories in which animals dress up in human clothes and take on the persona of a human being... but Babar was an ordinary elephant who lived in the desert and then all of the sudden goes into town and finds a rich woman to give him fancy clothes and now he can talk to her and the elephants and it's just a little much for me. The story is kind of all over the place. I liked the story more when I was a child... maybe it is because I liked the movie and TV show.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment