Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Joe on the Go

Oh yes well Joe is always trying to be on the go. But poor Joe... no one will be on the go with him! This is a light hearted story about a little frog named Joe who wants to go and play with someone. Unfortunately his family is having a reunion and everyone is too busy to play with him. When Joe tries to play with his peers he gets excuse after excuse. Joe's "too big, too small, too fast, or too slow". Finally Joe finds someone that is just perfect for him to play with.

I can relate to this book in a way because I have a very large extended family and it can be hard to get attention when you want it. I think this book is pretty cute. Don't love it. Don't hate it. I liked that every time Joe spoke it started with "LETS GO!!!". I really like when books have a common theme, especially when it is for beginning readers which this one is.

1 comment:

  1. First off your blog looks great. It really feels warm and inviting. Joe on the Go sounds like a fun book. I like how you were honest and said you didn't love the book but you did illistrate the points you did like about it. I might just have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete