Tuesday, January 27, 2009
If you give a ____ a ____...
As a child I always loved the book if you give a mouse a cookie. So when I came across If You Give a Cat a Cupcake I had to read it. The book is a good story to read when you want to teach a child about a story coming around in a full circle. It is also good when you want to talk about consequences. I just love this book because it's light hearted and the illustrations are great. I love Laura Numeroff's writing and Felicia Bond's Illustrations are a great mix. I think these are a necessity to any preschool or kindergarten classroom because so many students know and love them. Also I love the website that goes along with her series of books. Take a look... http://www.mousecookiebooks.com/indexSite.html There is even a link on the website for teachers that has pre-reading activities and ideas on how to connect this book to your current curriculum.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment