This book is about Geronimo Stilton and his adventures on an island. His sister Thea talks him into going on this trip but boy do they run into some trouble. This book is cute, funny and a fun book to read. The chapters are very short and there are some pictures in it as well. One of my favorite parts was how the words were on the page. Some of the words were bolded or in crazy fonts or were all over the page. Sometimes there would be an image in the place of a word. It was fun not only for me as a reader but also for my second grader that I read to during child study for block A. She really enjoyed this book and I did too. She would always want me to read just one more chapter... which was easy to do when we were on a time constraint because they were short. I would love to read the other books in this series. I am definitely considering having some of these in my classroom.Friday, May 15, 2009
Shipwreck on the Pirate Islands
This book is about Geronimo Stilton and his adventures on an island. His sister Thea talks him into going on this trip but boy do they run into some trouble. This book is cute, funny and a fun book to read. The chapters are very short and there are some pictures in it as well. One of my favorite parts was how the words were on the page. Some of the words were bolded or in crazy fonts or were all over the page. Sometimes there would be an image in the place of a word. It was fun not only for me as a reader but also for my second grader that I read to during child study for block A. She really enjoyed this book and I did too. She would always want me to read just one more chapter... which was easy to do when we were on a time constraint because they were short. I would love to read the other books in this series. I am definitely considering having some of these in my classroom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment