Saturday, March 14, 2009

The Polar Express

I had never read The Polar Express by Chris Van Allsburg and I'm so mad I hadn't until now. This was one of those heart warming Christmas stories that you can read over and over again. It is definitely a classic Christmas story. The illustrations were beautiful and story was so cute. I love the ending the most. I loved how even his sister stopped hearing the sound of the bell after a while but the boy never did because he always believed. The book was soo good; it's no wonder why they made it an oscar nominated movie. I have never seen the movie that it was made into but want to. As a teacher I would love to share this story with my students but I don't think I would be able to because some students might not celebrate Christmas... but this is definietly a book I would like to have in my own personal collection and hopefully some day read to my own children.

1 comment:

  1. You should share all kinds of books with your students--Christmas, Hanukkah's, Kwanzaa, etc. etc. Otherwise it seems like we just read about "other people" (whatever that is) making dominant themes appear (normal) by being invisible. Go for Christmas books too--just always bring your critical lens along with you!

    ReplyDelete